Between You and Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glad to be here

4 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Glad to be here - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad to be here

Post  Numptyz Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:07 am

Awwww - sorry Jimjam !!! That is a disappointment for you Sad

Still, looking on the bright side....your agent is at least bringing viewers, so its only a matter of time before the right people come and fall in love with La Maugerie Wink

Went to the dentist today....ouch , ouch, ouch !!! And that was only part one of cleaning them !!! Back again next Friday !!! An exciting prospect eh ???
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Morning all

Shame about the non viewers JJ, at least the agent seems to be working for you, which is a good sign.

Not very nice outside, wet and windy.

Got the grass cut yesterday, takes a good 3 hours to cut, maybe, l should have a sit on mower really, but l will walk behind my petrol mower for as long as l can, just for the exercise Smile

Oh, numptyz, poor you, hope your mouth feels better this morning.
curlyp
curlyp

http://lemoussel.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jamdan Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:53 pm

It`s raining here and Ive got to collect some elderflowers, Im starting off my elderflower champagne today..............
jamdan
jamdan

http://www.lamaugerie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Oh.... you will enjoy it sooo much !!!! Havent seen any elders near me or Id be joining you !!!

Did I tell you that green gooseberries and elderflowers are a marriage made in heaven ???? Very Happy
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Just popping in to say hello....Ron has an appointment for 10 am at the cardiac clinic this morning....unfortunately the parking is appalling so we are going VERY early to try and get a space near enough for Ron....I'll be back later to let you know how we got on
Sun is shining here...looks like being a brilliant day.....hope you have some sunshine too xxx
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  jamdan Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Morning from a wet & windy manche, its like february out there.............................

The onion tart went down really well with the guests so will post the recipe when I get a minute, promise.............Im sooooo flippin tired, my eyes are stinging
jamdan
jamdan

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Hello all

Not a very nice day here either.

Have a friend coming for dinner, pasty as requested Smile

Look forward to the recipe JJ.

Hope all goes well for Ron at the hospital .

Back to the pasty making.
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:08 am

Well its been a good day so far folks !!!
Ron's appointment wasnt till 10am, but we left here at 8am because of traffic and parking problems.... It was brilliant !!! Virtually nothing on the road and the carpark less than half full !!! Never seen it so quiet !!! So we had breakfast in the coffee shop to kill time !!! The appointment went very well !!! A lovely lady doctor that you could talk to - and no nonsense about it just being indigestion either...She explained in detail the problems with Rons heart...and said that having the stent done was virtually like having half an operation done but that it hadnt been possible to complete what was necessary...you probably remember that they split the artery trying... However the stent has improved blood flow to one of the arteries to a satisfactory level...but she is referring him back to the surgeon because she says he definitely needs a double bypass done before more heart muscle gets damaged...after checking what he was taking,she also said that they could do a lot to ease his angina with medication and is writing to our GP to organise that ! So a very satisfactory morning !!!!

I love your new neighbours CP !! All the pleasure and none of the responsibility !!! Thats a good arrangement !!! Making pasties eh ??? where's mine ???? The very least you could do is post your recipe !!! LOL
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:12 am

So, pleased the appointment was a success for you and especially Ron.

Will post recipe later.

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:19 am

Thank you hon !!!

How about this !!! Isnt it beautiful ????

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:25 am

A quote for today

'Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of sh** !
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Morning all

Not nice here but at least its dry.

Lovely picture numptyz.

Boxes arriving today so will be busy all day organising the garage for their arrival and then un-packing just one.
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm

You are so organised CP !!! I still have boxes I havent unpacked since I moved to Aberdeen !!!
I did all the right things...... labelled each box with the room it belonged to and its contents - fine !!! Till someone who shall be nameless started rummaging through the boxes ...taking bits out of one and putting them back in the wrong place etc...so now I have boxes and no idea of the contents even the labels have been destroyed....frustrating !!!

Well its bright and dry again today.... just a tad nippy, but a good day for working - so I'll go and make a start !!! On second thoughts,think I'll have another cuppa first !!! hehehe
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  jamdan Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:03 pm

morning all and the suns out................the elements gone on one of my ovens but have found a company in UK that delivers to france at half the price that is is to buy here, good job Ive got 2 ovens rlse Id be in big trouble with dinners for the guests.

Glad Rons appt well well....................;still havent had time to pick my elderflowers but hopefully will get them today and get the champagne started Lol

Off to do the daily crossword, I love it
jamdan
jamdan

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Morning from what started out as a lovely bright one now grey and dull once more.

Boxes arrived safely at 12.30 yesterday, thrilled with everything as Neil had done a good job of packing everything perfectly, as l was the one who used to do it when l was there.

The fountain looks lovely, will look even better when Neil assembles it at the end of our patio.

Today, is a clearing up day as there was lots of bubble wrap and packing tape round everything so the garage and our lounge is a mess, but l will soon get it ship shape.

Glad you managed to find your oven part in UK as things can be very expensive here JJ, l was surprised when Neil said he had bought the fountain which would be cheaper to get from there even with the shipping costs.

Thankfully, the lawnmower is still under guarantee as we only bought it last April, not cheap almost €2000, so its now back at the shop who say about 5 days to put the wheel back on scratch

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 pm

The Cornish pasty recipe is on here numptyz, crimped on the side remember Laughing
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Morning one and all from a windy but at least dry Lieurey.

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Thank you for the pasty recipe CP ....Shape duly noted !!! No fruit in one end though ??? Have I been misinformed all my life ???

Love the new avatar Very Happy

Thats good news about your oven JImjam !!! Lets hope they dont take too long to deliver Very Happy

Its been raining buckets since yesterday....was a cloudburst at about 5am.... but as I write this the sun has poked its head out.....I think its just playing Hide and Seek though!!! LOL

I was such a brave girl this morning....had another dentist appointment ugh !!! Two fillings and cleaning.....the fillings were not too bad, but the cleaning was excruciating and went down below the gums !!! However, thats me done for another 6 months Very Happy

Have a lovely day in spite of the rain sunny
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Thank you for the pasty recipe CP ....Shape duly noted !!! No fruit in one end though ??? Have I been misinformed all my life ???
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing probably....

Morning all

Lovely morning here but the weather forecast isn't good.

I started weeding the flower beds yesterday afternoon but alas the rain came after finishing only 3, hopefully l can finish the other 2 today.

Well, done with the visit to the dentist CW, not nice l know but they feel nice once cleaned, don't you think?

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Its worth the effort CP but I am very dentalphobic.... I dont know if you can get Euthymol toothpaste over there but that is nice to use....your mouth seems clean and fresh like after the rinse dentists give you.....

Im kind of in limbo at the moment... My second son was 50 yesterday.... tried to ring me 5 times but silly boy was ringing my mobile which was dead as a dodo.... so Im waiting for a suitable time to phone him.... No point ringing too soon if he has been celebrating LOL

Hope all is well with LM...she has been very quiet for a couple of days.... But I think she had visitors in didnt she - so that would account for it Smile

Have a good day folks Laughing
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Morning
Very dull out this morning so maybe a day indoors.

Feeling a bit stiff from all the bending and stretching whilst weeding yesterday.

Hope you caught up with your son yesterday CW and he had a fab birthday.
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:21 am

I did and I didnt CP .... He had tried 5 times to ring my mobile but it was out in the car and flat as a pancake.....when I discovered he had been ringing me I phoned him....but he was in the middle of helping a friend to erect a wendy house and said ring back in half an hour, but you know how these things can go pearshape so I said the best thing would be for him to phone me when he was free..... still waiting LOL Very Happy
Long story.... Very Happy

Hope you feel better after a restful day.....have a nice long shower alternating it from hot to cool and back again.....should help to ease the stiffness...

LM was expecting guests this weekend in the B&B and the cottage so she will be rushed off her feet....Im sure she wil catch up when things calm down a bit Very Happy

Have a lovely lazy day hon xxxx Numptyz

Last edited by Numptyz on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Morning all from a very stormy Lieurey Rolling Eyes

Hope you managed to talk to you 50 year old son yesterday CW.

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:43 pm

I didnt ring yesterday CP because I knew he would be out all day....and it isnt fair to ring when he is with other people.... Will do so today Very Happy

Maybe its not such a bad thing that its stormy in Leury...maybe an enforced rest is just what you need Laughing

Have a good day hon... Think Jimjam is still tied up with visitors....Its jolly hard work running a guest house... ...No wonder she wants to sell up !!!

xxx
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Morning all from a damp, windy Lieurey.

Running late, slept in again, have a lesson this morning and a friend calling in later.
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum