Between You and Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Chop Suey

Go down

Chinese Chop Suey Empty Chinese Chop Suey

Post  Admin Tue May 29, 2012 8:16 am

Chop Suey is more a method than a recipe....no fixed quantities or ingredients....its all a moveable feast and a great tasty way of using up leftovers !!! LOL

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS

You only need a small amount of meat....if its raw, cut into thin shreds and cook first with the onions....if its leftovers add it last but give it time to heat through before serving....

Chinese usually cut vegetables diagonally to give the dish interest and texture but its your choice !

The mix of vegetables is your choice too... I dont use garlic because I hate it, but I use a lot of ginger which should be very finely chopped or shredded.. dont be afraid to alter the basic recipe to suit your family....

Dont add salt as the soy should be enough

If you are short of time visit Asda !!!! they sell boxes of ready chopped vegetable mixtures and trays of cooked chicken....or you can leave the meat out altogether

You will need a wok or a large deep frying pan to cook in ...

Quantities ????? Depends on your family's appetites !!!

CHOP SUEY - METHOD....

1. Choose a colourful selection from following list and slice thinly -

Spring onions/ peppers/ celery/cabbage/ carrots/ bean sprouts/ baby corn/ mange tout peas/ ginger/ garlic / bamboo shoots / water chestnuts or your favourites

2. Toss raw meat with onions in about 1 Tablespoon oil till tender

3. Add chosen veggies ...Cook for about 3 mins - should still be crisp...I usually add a pinch of dried chilli flakes too

4. Mix together 4 or 5 tablesps stock + 2 tablesps Dark Soy + 2 teasps Oyster sauce + approx 1 teasp Chinese 5 spice powder / 1 and half teaspoons cornflour...cook in edge of pan till it thickens then stir through the veg mixture...add more stock if desired...

Serve with rice

Remember to adjust to your personal taste - the Soy is salty and the Oyster sauce is sweetish
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://between-you-and-me.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum