Between You and Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tartiflette

Go down

Tartiflette Empty Tartiflette

Post  Admin Tue May 29, 2012 8:28 am

Tartiflette is a potato casserole that is a favorite in France. It's a specialty from the Savoie (Alps) region. Perfect on a cold day !! Reblochon cheese is the authentic cheese for the dish, but it's almost impossible to find outside of France... I always use Brie which works extremely well and is a lot cheaper...

This is such an easy recipe....no fixed quantities.....

Ingredients

About two and half pounds red potatoes
Bacon goujons or lean streaky bacon cut into small strips
2 good sized onions sliced
Large double cream
About quarter pint semi skimmed milk
Brie
Thyme (fresh if possible), nutmeg, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Method

Peel potatoes and cut into chunky slices...
Boil until going tender but not fully cooked... remove from heat, drain and put to one side.
Either use ready cut bacon lardons or chop streaky bacon into small pieces...Fry gently in a little oil until tender then add the onions and fry till transparent
In a large dish layer the onion/bacon mix and the potatoes...combine the cream,milk thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper and pour over.
Split Brie through middle and place cut side down on top....slash the crust in several places
Bake in oven preheated to about mark 5 180C 350F for about 40 mins

It should be lightly brown and bubbling......and tastes just as good if you leave out the bacon

Serve with salad / veg / any kind of meat or sausage / garlic bread / crusty bread ...

Last but not least, invite me round because I love this !!! Yummy !!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://between-you-and-me.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum