Between You and Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honey Chocolate and Pistachio Bark

Go down

Honey Chocolate and Pistachio Bark  Empty Honey Chocolate and Pistachio Bark

Post  Admin Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 pm

HONEY CHOCOLATE AND PISTACHIO BARK

adapted from Monday Morning Cooking Club

An easy to make wafer thin biscuit, this honey chocolate and pistachio bark is perfect with an after dinner coffee or to turn an ordinary bowl of ice cream into a spectacular modern dessert.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Baking Time – 20 minutes
Makes – 3 large barks, each to serve 6

Ingredients

100g salted butter, softened
2/3 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup plain flour
2 egg whites
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup pistachios, crushed
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

Preheat oven to 180C. Line three baking trays (38x26cm) with baking paper.
Combine butter, sugar, honey, egg whites, vanilla extract and flour in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until smooth. Using a sturdy flat spatula spread thinly over the prepared trays to about the thickness of a coin. Sprinkle with chocolate and pistachios. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
Cool on trays, then break into pieces and store in an air tight container.

Notes

The thinner you spread the batter, the crispier the bark will be. You will also have to watch the cooking time, as a thinner bark would need less time to cook and will start browning quickly.
You can experiment with different toppings both for taste and aesthetic appeal. Some combinations that have worked for me are chocolate and dried cranberries, crushed toasted peanut and chocolate chip, crushed peanut with raisins and rice bubbles, pistachios rose petals and a sprinkling of cardamom.
Serve with coffee after dinner, or a bowl of warm fruit compote or stick them in a huge dollop of homemade ice cream.

*I havent tried this recipe but it sounded interesting.... Im sure you will have some great ideas for toppings too....please add them to the recipe Very Happy

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://between-you-and-me.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down