Between You and Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lime Marmalade

Go down

Lime Marmalade Empty Lime Marmalade

Post  Admin Tue May 29, 2012 7:26 am

cheers Rolling the limes on a hard surface then putting them in a microwave for about 20 - 30 seconds maximises the juice you can extract from citrus fruit...

Lime Marmalade

Ingredients

Limes 2 kg
Water 3 cups
Marmalade Setting Sugar 1 kg... I find granulated sugar works fine....just make sure it is all dissolved Very Happy
A knob of butter

Method

1. Peel the limes with a potato peeler. Take care not to remove the white pith with the peel. If the peel is too soft, try using a grater or zester.

2. Slice the peel finely into 1cm lengths.

3. Squeeze the limes and roughly chop their remains.

4. Place the remains of the limes in a saucepan with 2 cups of water and boil for 15 minutes.

5. Drain the mixture through a colander and reserve the liquid; discard the solids.

6. Place the lime juice, peel and one cup (250mL) of the drained water from the lime remains in a large, heavy based 6 litre pot.

7. Add the Sugar over a low heat, stir until dissolved. Do not allow to boil at this stage.

8. Add a knob of butter, increase the heat and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down) for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and check the set. Skim off any foam.

9. Stir to distribute the peel evenly. Bottle immediately.

To test for a set: after boiling, remove pot from heat, and put a small amount of the marmalade on a cold plate. Allow to cool and then push a finger gently through this. If the surface wrinkles, the setting point has been reached. If not, return to boil for and retest at 2 min intervals.

Makes approximately 1.5kg of marmalade.

Visit CSR Jam and Marmalade Setting Sugar's website for helpful tips, information and recipes to make your perfect pot of jam or marmalade -

www.csrjamsugars.com.au

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://between-you-and-me.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down