Between You and Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glad to be here

4 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Glad to be here - Page 8 Empty Re: Glad to be here

Post  curlyp Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:57 am

So, pleased to hear you had an enjoyable and happy birthday.

I have heard from Liz also, lets hope the people manage to find another morgage lender and they will be able to buy Liz and Marks home. TBH l wouldn't like to have a morage here at present with the financial climate as it is, and especially for a B&B which is an up and down market, although Liz has got a good following of guest, but will they still want to go there once they know Liz has gone, never the less l wish them luck.

I have just had a confirmed booking of 1 night for 22 March for an Australian couple, it will be their first day in France so have given them the directions from the airport to us, they are doing a tour of Normandy.

Today, l have had a French lesson, the 2nd one with a very nice retired French couple, the husband Thiery was a doctor and his wife Carole used to work for Orange telephone people before starting up their Gite business. I still have lessons every Friday with Ludivine my very good and lovely teacher then at 7pm every Friday another French lady Beatrice comes sometimes with her young 10 year old daughter to visit for a chat to improve their English, thankfully, l am beginning to say and understand more of the lovely language, but it hasn't been and still isn't easy.

Whenever we had fine weather l got out into the garden and have just finished laying my pathway across the back of the veggie patch, it was really hard work and seemed to take forever, now finished l am very proud of my effort, l have the other side todo now, but its too wet t do much in the garden.

Off for a cuppa, take care of each other X

curlyp
curlyp

http://lemoussel.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Drat this forum.... It keeps locking me out !!!!

Im so glad you have your first booking.....not long now !!!! Do you have any more bookings in the pipeline ?

You are certainly trying hard with your french !!! It will surely get easier as you practice Very Happy Does Keith speak french ??? IF he does then you could practice when you phone each other....If not then you could start teaching him !!! Now dont laugh !!! When I was at Uni we were told that the best way of learning anything was to teach what we knew to someone else...
My birthday surprise on the 27th turned out to be more surprising than anticipated....Plan A was that Hazel, Paul,myself and a couple of close friends would go out for supper and then on to the Theatre to see The Mousetrap.......
We didnt do plan A !!!! Paul wrote off his car on the way to work so Hazel was at the hospital with him most of the day.....Fortunately he was just badly bruised and shaken up.....very fortunate as he actually rolled the car several times and went down a bank......What a scare we all had !!!
We booked a taxi to the theatre but in spite of several phone calls it was over an hour late picking us up.....so our booked supper turned into a packed sandwich and lots of chocolate !!! In spite of all the ups and downs we had a great evening Laughing cheers sunny sunny sunny

We have had a lot of snow and overnight frosts but yesterday it rained heavily all day and washed it all away ! So was that the end of it ??? Naw !!! Not at all !!!! It has been snowing again while I have been typing this !!! What happened to Spring ???

Let me know if you find it !!!! LOL
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://between-you-and-me.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:51 am

So pleasedyour birthday had a happy ending, what an awful shock it must have been for your grandson and all of the family, hope he's on the mend now.

I have Had a busy day cleaning after a delightful time with the Australian visitors, they certainly had a good time and wrote lovely comments in my visitors book, l am so happy Very Happy

Neil has about the same grasp of French as l do, but together we manage between, but l would love to to speak fluently and write as well.

Spoke to Liz today and she is fine.
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Sorry Im so slow replying hon.... It seems to be lots of little things that are conspiring to swallow my time!

Ron has been suffering from D & V....and dont I know it !!! Im sure that he gets worried by every little thing... understandably so....but its very wearing on me ! Visit to physiotherapy was a waste of time...just left me feeling very cross !!!

I must use the computer too much !!!! All the letters are wearing off the keys so I cant tell what Im typing and have to keep correcting....DRAT AND DOUBLE DRAT !!! Think I need a new laptop..the integral mousepad isnt working either !!! Now you know why its taking me so long !!! LOL

There's another chapter to my birthday saga ! My lovely grandson Paul was chatting while I was preparing dinner ....I had said to him that I could never cook steak properly - its always tough ! He told me that Nick Nairn was running a" How to cook steak " class in Aberdeen....I said I wouldnt really bother to do that but I fancied doing a bread making class... Two minutes later he said " we're making bread on 15th June" !!! He had booked it over the phone while we were talking !!! He said it was my birthday present as the original intention had gone pear shaped ! He is also arranging to take me to the theatre again - isnt he an absolute treasure ???
So pleased your Australian visitors were such a success....have you had any more bookings yet ??? People usually start thinking about holidays round about Eastertime....

Better go and sort out Ron's breakfast....A bientot cherie xxx
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:51 am

What is D&V? not a bit medical, sorry, but hope Ron is improving.

Poor you, it must get you down.

I haven't been on here for a while either, busy with the garden when its not raining or snowing, but at least the spuds are planted.

We had snow again yesterday which hampered me again, managed to make it to my French lesson though.

Today, no snow but so cold out, anyway cleaned up the strawberry beds (three) extended one of them as Neil really loves strawberries so like to keep him happy.

I had a young Italian couple for one night over Easter, they were lovely and were thrilled with the place and breakfast, they didn't have an evening meal here but went to a restaurant that l recommended and were delighted, so all very happy.

Monday night l have an American/Irish couple arriving for the night to break the journey from the South of France to Calais, they want an evening meal.

Have 2 booking for May, one would have been for 7 nights but they didn't get back to me quick enough and l took a booking from a French couple for 2 nights, anyway, they are still staying firstly for 3 nights then going to stay with Liz for 2 and back to me for the final 2 nights.

Well, pleased with the way the enquiries are coming, had an enquiry this morning from America, but not a confirmed booking yet.

Your Grandson sounds so lovely, it will be thrilling for you to go to the cookery class with him, how lovely, enjoy, l am sure you will.

Better get showered or Neil will be skyping and seeing me in all my grime.

Take care XX

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 am

At last !!! I have bought a separate mouse to see if that works any better !! Fingers crossed....so far, so good !!!

You must be feeling very excited to see new bookings coming in Very Happy Looks as if you are going to be kept very busy !!! Very Happy You sound very well organised.... Very Happy Wish I could say the same Sad

I have been fighting a losing battle with technology....I got a new touch screen phone in November and I hate it !!! I hate it even more now because I tried to add a new phone number and it deleted everything !!! So now I have to try and collect all my phone numbers again DRAT !!!
Computer playing up... I post and it seems to have posted but when I go back to it my post isnt there ....Plus letters have worn off most of the keys and I dont know what Im writing LOL
BT have made yet another change to the email programme and its awful !!! I have to click in 4 different places to open a single email Arghhh !!! I have complained and said I wanted to use the classic style....gave me a link......all good so far......except it wont stayon..... I have to keep restoring classic and Im totally peed off with it
I had a new member on one of my games forums who offered to help freshen it up ! Told me he was a web designer etc... I had my doubts but as I am perpetually short of time I said go ahead.....Turns out he is still at school and has messed it all up...he's not very quick at putting it to rights either....What it boils down to is that he wants to create a website which none of us wants.....Basically it is pretty much a website anyway....its like this one... Anyway....I need to go and feed Clive who has just got in from work....
Catch ya later hon Very Happy

PS....D and V = Diarrhorrea and vomiting = no laughing matter ugh !!! Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8