Between You and Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glad to be here

4 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Glad to be here - Page 4 Empty Re: Glad to be here

Post  curlyp Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Laughing Laughing sexy underwear Laughing Laughing

Just made a batch of strawberry jam, there are loads in the garden now Very Happy
curlyp
curlyp

http://lemoussel.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:53 am

I do love your avatar !!! Think you should send a copy to me Very Happy

How many strawberry plants do you have in the garden ??? You must have a good crop to make jam !!!! When I make strawberry jam I like to add the juice of a lemon (more if its a large batch )...I like the fragrance and sharpness it adds to the jam ....I dont like it very much normally because it seems so flat and dead....just tastes of sugar...

How many sleeps now ??? Cant be many Very Happy You must feel like a teenager waiting for a special first date Laughing Laughing Laughing
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:06 am

I made 5 jars, just had 2 pounds of strawberries, yes, l added juice of l lemon and then 2 pounds of sugar, it looks really good, Neils favourite Smile

I have 25 plants, 15 new this year, l picked the strawberries this morning from last years plants, the new ones aren't producing many.

Six more sleeps, and yes it will be like a honeymoon we never had Very Happy
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Well now's your chance for that honeymoon !!!!! Arent you glad I told you to root out that sexy underwear ????? Laughing Laughing Laughing I love you bounce

Just off into town with Hazel....looking for a dress to go to a wedding...

A bientot
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Who is the dress for, you or Hazel?

Hope you find what you are looking for,enjoy.

Just picked another load of strawberries.
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:43 am

Just back.... the dress was for Hazel..... we found several but sod's law as usual.... The ones she really liked we couldnt get in her size....same thing with shoes.....it seems the stores just have sales stuff....and not cheap at that !!! Very ordinary dresses -quite frumpish in fact and the sale prices ranged from £160 - £250 !!!! Shocked Evil or Very Mad pale affraid
Most of them my granny wouldnt have worn !!! In fact they reminded me of granny's wrap round aprons !!!
In the end she bought one which is nice but wasnt quite what she wanted for the wedding......but she will enjoy wearing it on other occasions....It may yet have to be pressed into service though...

It was lovely to spend time with her......she is my best friend !!!......we had lunch at a very nice italian restaurant.... delicious !!! All in all I had a lovely day !!!

Your strawberries are cropping well !!! I think Ron eats ours as soon as one shows its face LOL !!! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:36 am

Its lovely when mother and daughter get on and spend time together, l used to love taking my Mum out for the day on a weekend when she was alive, sorry Hazel didn't get what she was looking for but sure she will look lovely in whatever she wears for the wedding, aren't thing expensive now!! affraid

If Neil was here with all those strawberries ripening off l doubt there would be many left for jam making as they are his favourite fruit Laughing

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Lets hope Neil is soon home to finish scoffing the rest of the strawberry crop !!!! You must both be on tenterhooks wondering if he will be allowed to travel....

Didnt something like this happen previously ??? I seem to remember you both being worried he would not be able to come home as planned....

The trouble is that everything so emotional in these hot countries ~ the hotter it is , the more volatile the people....

Fortunately its only a couple of days to wait !!! Fingers crossed !!!

Its such a shame the dress she really wanted didnt fit....but she would look both beautiful and elegant in a bin liner !!! Laughing Dont know where she gets it from - it wasnt me Im sure....!!! LOL

Just had an email from JamDan.... she hasnt been online over the last few days because she has been really poorly....... to the point where her husband is so concerned that they are closing the B&B straight away....

Also had email from HB to say G-J is leaving for UK today !!! She thought they were leaving mid-July so is a bit shocked.... But G-J needs to get her family together ....that is her first concern........After all HB isnt any relation ...

A bientot ma cherie.....keep me updated on the Neil situation !!! xx
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:45 pm

No, more news on Neil yet, just keeping everything X'd, he is at the merci of the Saudi Commodore, waiting to see if he will put his signature to the long list he has to get signed, l am Mad

Yes, something similar happened just April 2010 when l was returning with him, we didn't know until 30 minutes before we had to leave for the airport as the office hadn't got his passport, then when we got to the airport the weather was so bad the aircraft couldn't fly so we had to return home then try the following day when we managed to get going:roll: .

Just been out shopping as l can't settle here with this not knowing, and do what l do best in a crisis, spend money affraid

Is GJ leaving France for good?

Oh, dear poor JD, hope she will be OK with rest, poor, poor, love.
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:29 am

Crossing everything I've got two of hon !!! Fortunately its only a couple of days to wait for things to settle down....I can understand bow fidgety you must feel !!!
You'll just have to make some more jam to fill in time !!! Very Happy

I think the French house belongs to G-J's parents so perhaps they will use it for occasional holidays if it doesnt sell.....HB seems to think they will be popping back and forth for weekends so she's got a surprise coming....If they were going to do that then there would be no point moving ! Just think of the time, expense and disruption to the children....
As you know from sad experience its a huge liability leaving a house standing empty for extended periods of time....I know what I would do in the circumstances...
Their first and only responsibility is to their own family ! And HB isnt part of that....so perhaps they were trying to let her down gently....but more likely she has convinced herself that they will be back frequently to check on her / look after her ....She tends to forget that other people have their own families and concerns to deal with....and that although we dont want to be unkind, she is just an acquaintance and its not up to us to sort her life out for her....That's down to herself and her own family...
Just had a phone call from JD.... she is feeling a bit better but is very tired.....apparently she thought she was having a heart attack...I think she is just stressed out.....I know running the B&B is very tiring......food ...laundry...cleaning etc.......and she has also got the stress of having the house up for sale with consequent agents and viewers trailing about frequently at very short notice ....No time to relax ....just on duty 24 / 7
I think they have taken a very sensible step by closing the B&B.... So she should start to feel better as things wind down...

Better go just now....need to organise shopping....I'll check back later in case you have some good news Very Happy xx
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Morning all

Yippeeeeeeeeee, at long last Neil has his passport in his hand, so its a definate all systems go for his flight tonight Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Brilliant !!!! Thats the best news !!! Hehehe you will hang on to him soooo tightly when he gets home !!! Just ease up to let him breathe occasionally Very Happy

Get the champagne in the fridge and go pick some strawberries !!! Looks like a cosy night in !!! Very Happy

Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Champagne in the fridge and strawberries picked Very Happy Very Happy
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Large box of tissues at the ready ???
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:09 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Welcome home Neil !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:25 am

Neil say's ''thanks, he's pleased to be back.''

Out in the garage messing about with one of his motor bikes, as the weather is awful today, had a friend visit so couldn't get on with much.

Sorry can't get on here much, will be busy as soon as the rain subsides.

Hope Ron is still doing OK.

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:36 am

Just enjoy spending time with Neil !!! Dont worry about the forums....they 'll still be there after Neil returns to Saudi !!!

Will he still go back if the situation is still volatile ?
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Really busy, we have a telly now and today Neil is assembling the dish with a friend. Tomorrow we have deliveries so that we can carry on with patio and install the fountain.

We were out yesterday doing the touristy thing, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves even though it was raining.

The golden eye ointment is making his eye feel sore and sticky is that normal or should he not use it?
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Numptyz Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:55 pm

It sounds as if he is using far too much.....leave it off for a few days then try again.... you only need a light smear....

Try washing hands and apply using little finger ( gentler on the eye) instead of applying from tube... If it still makes his eye sore then discontinue using it...

I dont think there would ever be enough rain to dampen your pleasure at being together again !!! Very Happy

Have fun !!!! N
Numptyz
Numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Busy with one thing and another, a job almost finished apart from painting is my very own potting shed Very Happy , with enough cover on either side for logs and a water container, really pleased with it.

Hope all well with you and Ron and Jamdan if she looks.
curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:20 am

We went to the GP today for check on Rons medication.... Keeping a diary of Rons problems between now and Thursday to provide facts then our GP will try to move things along......I had a bit of a tantrum because we are waiting to see the surgeon so we can be told the same as we were told in January- that Ron needs bypass surgery !!!

Your shed looks great !!! The shed manny here does something very similar....nice cottagy looking shed but the canopy is at the front over a veranda....

JamDan hasnt been on because she had some B&B 'ers booked in that couldnt find alternative accomodation...She didnt want to spoil their holiday so she honoured the booking.....on top of that her son got married and she has had family visiting.....so she has been very busy girl ! Very Happy

It will all settle down eventually Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://between-you-and-me.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:30 am

Oh what bliss ! The prospect of a sensible conversation !!!! I am so sick of Yvonne weaving her dead friends into every aspect of our day to day life...She is driving me potty !!! and from some of the things she says I think she is already round the bend.....I just dont have the energy to keep bolstering her up !
Look forward to a chat later on xxxx
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  curlyp Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:40 am

Know how you feel, l expect its worse for you when you and Ron have been through so much of late, thought she might have shut up about herself but no Rolling Eyes anyway might catch you later if you get time and aren't too tired.

curlyp
curlyp

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Oh anything I say about Ron she manages to belittle it with a tale about a dead friend or advice from dead Cyril... It makes me want to scream !!! She is so wrapped up in her past and apparently doesn't want to move on....We have all had problems but we have to get past them and carry on living !!! This is a nice little escape here Very Happy
We should set a time when we could both try to get to chat, just like you make a date with Neil xxx There is a chatbox on here ....
Have a lovely day xxxx
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum: